We finished a couple more DIY ideas I got from Pinterest this past week:
DIY Headboard -- Just need to find a nail head trim kit to finish it off so it looks purdy... :) Now we won't have to worry about Nikayda smacking her head on the hard wall when she's hanging out in bed with us... this headboard is padded with batting and covered in a suede-like fabric.

Toddler Skirt -- Made from old t-shirts of
mine. It is too big for our little girly now, but she'll grow into it.. soon before we know it probably...
Menu / To-Do list board -- This is up in our kitchen and has been very helpful so far! And I can always change out the fabric behind the glass in the frame for a fresh look. It's kind of blah right now, but it works. I got the frame for $3 at Goodwill. :-)
mine. It is too big for our little girly now, but she'll grow into it.. soon before we know it probably...
Menu / To-Do list board -- This is up in our kitchen and has been very helpful so far! And I can always change out the fabric behind the glass in the frame for a fresh look. It's kind of blah right now, but it works. I got the frame for $3 at Goodwill. :-)
and ... Yesterday = SNOW DAY!!!
| Snow day! 1/20/12 |
We got around 5 inches of snow on Thurs night/Fri am, so to our surprise, school was cancelled! That meant Justin only had a 3 day work week plus now a 3 day weekend (with no wrestling meets!), so we have been excited to hang out as a family and have a long weekend to ourselves! "I Love Snow Days!" -- I was wondering if I'd be able to finally put Nikayda in that cute little shirt... :-)
| Watching dad shovel the sidewalk. |
Justin's been finishing up a toy box for Nikayda -- he actually started it the Thanksgiving before she was born! He's been working on it little by little during his precious free-time and it's lookin' good! See the top of it HERE at his facebook page.
Nikayda is taking a nice long afternoon nap... while she's been sleeping, I have finished the weekly menu for next week, made a list for groceries, cut out coupons, ate some lunch, cleaned up in the kitchen, etc... And I even had time to write in the blog quick!
No comments:
Post a Comment